Sitec has a requirement for a Design Engineer for our client Caterpillar. This is a contract role for an estimated 9 months and will be based in Shrewsbury.
There is an opportunity for a contract design position within the Engineering team of Caterpillar Shrewsbury Ltd. based at Shrewsbury (UK). The engineering team has responsibility for supporting the facility's commercial and defence programs.
This role will report to the Design Team Leader and will be working on both new and existing military driveline programs.
The incumbent will be based within the design engineering team and be involved in taking the design of military powerpacks, engines and transmissions from prototype through to production. They will also be involved in supporting the engineering change process for Shrewsbury existing military products.
* Work with Shrewsbury's senior design engineers and product engineers to understand design requirements
* Use design requirements to create sub-system and component designs within Creo CAD modelling software.
* Create and release drawings with the CREO and Teamcentre environments.
* Be responsible for presenting designs to the relevant functions at shrewsbury.
* Creating engineering reports.
* Work with the Engineering Supervisor (design) and Shrewsbury NPI project managers to ensure designs and drawings are released to the engineering plan.
* Support the liaison with component and subsystem suppliers during prototype design
Required Skills and Experience
* A background in either engine, transmission or driveline design.
* Previous experience in a design engineer role.
* Working knowledge of 3D CAD software, preferably PTC Creo
* Worked as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering teams and with suppliers.
* Good communication skills with the ability to build relationships.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.