Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine Engineering and Support Services industry and are seeking a Design Drawing Checker to be based in their offices in South Bristol on a contract Basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
There is an opportunity for a checker within the draughting team.
This role will be Checking of drawings for Canadian and UK Submarine (UMC) contracts -Weapons Handling & Discharge Systems and Submerged Signal Ejectors, updated for obsolescence, upgrades and amendments.
* Extensive experience of checking and approving drawings in high integrity systems (defence, oil and gas, nuclear, aerospace etc.).
* Good, broad, engineering design knowledge.
* Good understanding of current Defence Standards.
* Good understanding of Engineering Drawing configuration control.
* Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
* Good communication skills both oral and written.
* Proficient at 2D and 3D CAD, NX required.
* Conversant with Microsoft Office packages.
* Excellent attention to detail.
Skills which would be an advantage:
* Previous experience of approval of First Level/QCA equipment
* Experience of Teamcenter document management system or similar.
* Direct experience with UK/Canadian Submarine Weapon Handling and Discharge Equipment.
* Knowledge of MoD Drawing Practice and configuration control.
Due to the nature of our clients business candidates must be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.