Sitec have an exciting requirement for a Change engineer (Manufacturing / Production Engineer) to 'flow down' design changes to the production department for our client CAT Perkins Engines. This is a contract/temp role that will be based on-site at the client's facility in Peterborough, with an hourly rate commensurate with experience.
The Role: Design Change engineer
Has the responsibility for the items below.
* You will implement various design changes from the design office onto the production floor that will impact multiple facilities in the UK and Overseas.
* The items will range from such items as fasteners through to large engine components - both New Product Intoduction & existing engine design changes.
* You will have daily contact with Design Engineering, Material Planning & the Operations team, handling the introduction of the new components / changes and amendments.
* You will assess the of BOM content to ascertain if we need to increase or decrease material / components required against engine demand.
The system used is Team Centre and MFG Pro (most are trainable packages for those with a suitable background)
You will be involved in creation and the maintenance of MFG/Pro content (via Design Changes) - it will require deep expertise in MFG/Pro &Teamcenter. (Can be trained if the right candidate is found).
Working with a wide network of supporting functions to enable the implementation of the design changes.
* Requires an understanding of Engineering Release, Manufacturing Release and Engineering Manufacturing Change Control procedures.
* Requires good oral and written communications skills and excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
* Must be highly motivated.
* Some Project Management skills.
* Microsoft software skills are essential.
* Siemens Team Centre software and or MFG Pro knowledge would be of benefit but not essential.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.