Sitec have an exciting requirement for a Change engineer (Manufacturing / Production Engineer) to 'flow down' design changes to the production department for our client CAT Perkins Engines. This is a contract/temp role that will be based on-site at the client's facility in Peterborough, with an hourly rate commensurate with experience.
The Role: Design Change engineer
Has the responsibility for the items below.
* You will implement various design changes from the design office onto the production floor that will impact multiple facilities in the UK and Overseas.
* The items will range from such items as fasteners through to large engine components - both New Product Intoduction & existing engine design changes.
* You will have daily contact with Design Engineering, Material Planning & the Operations team, handling the introduction of the new components / changes and amendments.
* You will assess the of BOM content to ascertain if we need to increase or decrease material / components required against engine demand.
The system used is Team Centre and MFG Pro (most are trainable packages for those with a suitable background)
You will be involved in creation and the maintenance of MFG/Pro content (via Design Changes) - it will require deep expertise in MFG/Pro &Teamcenter. (Can be trained if the right candidate is found).
Working with a wide network of supporting functions to enable the implementation of the design changes.
* Requires an understanding of Engineering Release, Manufacturing Release and Engineering Manufacturing Change Control procedures.
* Requires good oral and written communications skills and excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
* Must be highly motivated.
* Some Project Management skills.
* Microsoft software skills are essential.
* Siemens Team Centre software and or MFG Pro knowledge would be of benefit but not essential.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.