Sitec have a requirement for an engineer to implement design changes for our client CAT Perkins Engines. This is a contract/temp role that will be based on-site at the client's facility in Peterborough, with an hourly rate commensurate with experience.
The Role: Design Change
Has the responsibility for the items below.
* Implement design changes that impact multiple facilities in the UK and Overseas.
* Management & facilitation - both NPI & design change.
* Key role for the implementation of design changes across multiple facilities UK and Overseas.
* Daily contact with Engineering, Material Planning &The Operations team.
* Assessment of BOM content to ascertain if we need to increase or decrease material required against engine demand.
* Creation and Maintenance of MFG/Pro content via Design Change - requires deep expertise in MFG/Pro &Teamcenter. Can be trained if the right candidate is found.
* Working with a wide network of supporting functions to enable the implementation of a design change.
* Requires an understanding of Engineering Release, Manufacturing Release and Engineering Manufacturing Change Control procedures.
* Requires good oral and written communications skills and excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
* Must be highly motivated.
* Project Management skills.
* Microsoft software skills are essential.
* Siemens Team Centre software knowledge would be of benefit but not essential.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.