Sitec has a requirement for a Design / Development Engineer with Solid Works CAD experience for our client based in Chippenham. This is a contract role expected to be ongoing.
The role will be focused on the design and development of innovative new enclosures and frameworks for electronic equipment for use on-board Rail Locomotives and on the trackside.
This is a Rail Industry project so relevant experience would be useful
* Design of electromechanical products for Railway Signalling including high precision electronic enclosures / packaging and mechanisms
* Responsible to the preparation of concepts general layout drawings details and 3D CAD models using Solid Works CAD
* Responsible for detail development of the design elements.
Activities will include:
* Proving structural calculations
* Material properties comparison and selection
* Environmental condition testing
* Bench trials and functional testing
* Involvement in verification testing and reports
* Technical aid to Safety Engineers in the preparation of Product Safety Case(s)
* Ensuring designs meet all relevant safety legislation requirements
* Design rework support of obsolete products and parts of products
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.