Sitec has a requirement for a Design Additive Manufacturing Engineer for our client based in Filton, Bristol.
This role is for an initial 6 months with the chance of extension likley. The pay rate for this role is £35ph Limited
The role covers design for additive manufacturing support for projects and applications within the Airbus Central Research and Technology team in Filton.
The role will involve an applications/project engineer element as well as design support to project leads within the team. The applications engineering element will involve:
1. Acting as a focal point for projects to get AM parts designed and manufactured
2. Collect and understand requirements for the AM part(s) requested
3. Define a suitable manufacturing process for the part(s) (including post processes, inspection, metrology, etc.)
4. Provide a chargeable cost (internal) for the job, and gain project approval for work
5. Work with process engineers to enable manufacture in house of the part(s)
6. Prepare CAD and CAM data for the part in accordance with the customer requirements
7. Hold design and progress reviews with the customer to ensure requirements and deliverables are met.
The design support to running projects will be required to deliver the running or new projects in support of Materials X projects and upstream Materials Science projects. This role will involve development of additive manufacturing design methods and tools for single and multi-material additive manufacturing.
Skill set needed:
* Catia V5 proficient.
* Experience in additive manufacturing technology - metallic powder bed and/or direct deposition.
* Knowledge of design or process simulation tools.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.