Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Deputy Plant Manager to join our client based in Plymouth. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £55p/hr Ltd.
Plant Management report to the Head of Nuclear Operations Governance within Submarine Support. The 9 Dock and Refuel Plant Manager has two Deputies, one focused on 9 Dock and one on Refuel.
Plant Management are fundamentally important in the delivery of arrangements intended to ensure compliance with Site License Conditions and the terms of Environmental Permits.
They ensure that:
* There is a valid safety case in place that covers the full scope of intended operations
* The design intent of the facility is met and maintained
* Provision of procedural disciplines for the conduct of facility maintenance and repair
* Awareness and enforcement of the operating regime within a facility by adherence to Operating Rules, Operating Boundaries and Operating Instructions
* A safe and secure working environment
Main Purpose of Role
Deputy 1 - 9 Dock
Provide overall governance of activities (not including those occurring onboard submarines) in 9 Dock.
Deputy 2 - Refuel
Provide overall governance of activities in the 9 Dock RAH, NEMSFAC, LLRF and on the NTS. Also covering the acceptance of the 14 Dock RAH.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
* Knowledge of refitting submarines
* Knowledge of facilities management
* Safety Case knowledge or 6 pack completion
* STS Nuclear Plant Fundamentals Course - Module 1
* STS Nuclear Familiarisation Course - Module 2
* STS Nuclear Practitioner Course (Modules 3 and 4)
* Nuclear Site Safety Justification Course
* Submarine Quality Assurance Course
* Devonport Safety Management Course
* DAP/ASQEP Course
* Formal DAP Interview
* Relevant engineering degree, recognised professional status or significant experience in relevant engineering discipline and NVQ level 4
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.