Sitec has an exciting requirement for a Demand Data Scientist for our client Perkins Engines. This is a temporary role for an estimated 4 months and will be based in Peterborough. The role will look to pay up to £30.00 p/hr (LTD Company / Umbrella company)
The Demand Data Scientist will provide analytical expertise to the demand team and create statistical models and tools to be used by the demand and sales teams. These tools will be used to better inform both the S&OP and the RBM process.
This role is responsible and accountable for the execution of statistical modelling and tool development to support the demand planning cycle. Primarily, the role will lead the work stream to generate statistical and forecast modelling tools that aid the demand and sales teams complete their job junctions.
This job will complete the following and similar functions:
* Study of historic IPSD demand trends
* Study to discover if one sector leads others
* Study of market indicators and index's to evaluated possible lead indicators
* Model leading sector and market indicators
* Provide tools to aid RFP and scenario planning by demand team
* Provide tool to give the business decision making support with forecasting and demand profiling
* Provide data analysis tools using leading and market indicators.
* Generate a digital twin for the forecast (where possible)
* Complete set of work instructions and adoption tools to embed new tools / insight
The incumbent will lead statistical modelling and employ the latest data science tools to deliver a competitive advantage for IPSD
* The position requires a broad knowledge of data analysis and modelling tools. Ideally they will have experience of modelling forecasts or similar profiles in a production or sales environment.
* Demonstrated experience of project delivery from initiation to completion is essential.
* Well-developed and current knowledge of the latest modelling and data scientist tool sets relating to forecasting and data presentation is required.
* Strong collaboration with process partners and allied teams across our global footprint will be needed
Customers: This role will provide tools for: The demand team, Business resources, marketing and the sales team.
Travel: The position may require infrequent travel.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.