Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Demand and Orders Manager (Supply Chain) for our client Perkins Engines in Stafford. This is a permanent role.
Overview of the role
Title: Demand and Orders Manager (Supply Chain)
Salary Range: £58,900 to £73,600 (depending on experience)
Relocation: may be considered depending on circumstances
Benefits: 25 days annual leave ; £7,140 Annual Car Allowance ; 20% bonus ; Childcare vouchers ; Contributory pension scheme ; Contributory share scheme
The Perkins 4000 Series business is part of the Caterpillar Large Power Systems Division. Employing around 1000 people across 2 facilities - Stafford, UK and Aurangabad, India, the business is responsible for the design, development and manufacture of large diesel engines which are used primarily in Generator Sets for the Electric Power market. With a history stretching back more than 85 years, Perkins is one of the world's leading providers of diesel and gas engines. Our applications are used as both Primary and Standby Generator power units in key facilities, infrastructures and buildings worldwide.
As a Demand and Orders Manager at Caterpillar, you will be accountable for managing and stabilizing supply and demand within a business division or unit consisting of multiple facilities. You will ensure that material is available and flows according to the production schedule and develops the constrained S&OP forecast, aligning tactics with the long-term product capacity.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Annual Sales: $250M
Responsible for the Demand and Orders team across 2 facilities
# Reports: 15 Mgmt and Salaried,
Direct Reports include Global S&OP and EAME MPS Manager, ASIA demand and MPS Manager and the EAME Demand Manager. The incumbent has leadership for Annual business planning, Rolling Business model planning, customer experience, demand and orders management and budgetary control of departmental expense at both Stafford and Aurangabad.
This position provides leadership and direction to supply chain teams responsible for the
management of all LPSD Perkins supply functions, including:
* Leads S&OP processes including the Step 1, Step 3, and 0 - 3m weekly master production planning reviews, to determine the production schedules for the UK & India facilities in order to satisfy global demand as well as setting the MRP schedules out to the global supply base, whilst balancing manufacturing constraint issues and inventory levels.
* Accountable for the customer experience including delivering product to the original order promise shipment date, delivery performance, order acknowledgement and competitive lead times.
* Works with product managers to ensure supply chain strategies are developed and aligned with worldwide sourcing strategies.
* Liaison with external customers on business performance and forecast requirements
* Ensuring the production schedules maintain demand sequence integrity, and provide proper product availability to customers.
* Close Liaison with the operational team to ensure product flow and priority is being maintained
* Supports NPI programs by ensuring that supply chain processes support successful product introduction, minimizing aged inventory or obsolescence.
* Ensures that all Supply Chain processes are robust and compliant with enterprise policies and procedures.
* Responsible for coaching, developing and mentoring department resources. Incumbent is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of direct reports, including development, capability building and succession planning.
* Extensive experience of leading and managing Demand & Orders processes.
* Strong leadership experience and a proven ability to lead, coach and develop existing teams.
* Strong influencing skills, and a proven ability to build positive and collaborative working relationships with key functions and senior leadership within a large organization.
* Ability to establish a strong governance structure and robust supply chain processes and policies.
* High-level of business acumen with the ability to make decisions taking into consideration multiple variables.
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Supply-chain related professional accreditation or qualification is highly desired.
* Experience in Global Purchasing, Manufacturing or Marketing is desired
CLOSING DATE - The closing date for this role is 10th August 2018
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.