Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Delivery Manager (Fusion) for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 6 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
* To deliver assigned projects (portfolio or high complexity) to time, cost and quality, compliant with the clients processes.
* The role of the Project Manager may also include the applications of their skill sets within nuclear programmes and projects in supporting the delivery of the client's mission. Project Managers will be expected to work in roles which require an awareness and compliance to the nuclear license conditions.
* Deliver assigned projects in accordance with requirements, operational constraints, time, cost and quality.
* Lead, coach and develop a team of leaders and influence others at specialism or functional level to create and deliver operational plans.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Manage projects with focus on Governance (compliance and reporting).
* Management of project resources (people, money).
* Lead the planning of the task/project or function.
* Manage work as defined in the Work Authorisation Document (WAD).
* Lead, support and initiate change against the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB).
* Lead, initiate and perform risk and opportunity identification and subsequent actions.
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
* Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships. Listen to stakeholder requests, assimilate and convert into project team actions, plans and schedule
* Read, analyse and interpret charts, spreadsheets, schedules and (in some business areas) technical drawings
* Clear and concise communication approach both oral and written, at multiple levels. Compile and present presentations to peers and Senior Managers
* Lead good team morale and spirit and motivate others by example
* Manage resources effectively (people, budget, equipment)
* Allocate work to team members, taking account of individuals' different abilities and workloads
* Hold people to account when they under deliver or let standards slop
* Translate strategy into operational reality
* Evidence of successfully leading other Project Management personnel and cross-functional teams in a complex project environment
* Earned Value Management
No essential qualifications needed but the following are desirable:-
* Graduate level of qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience
* Membership of a relevant professional body
* Evidence of project management competence e.g. APM qualifications
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.