Sitec has an exciting requirement for a Database Administrator / Analyst for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Peterborough. The rate of pay is between £10.00 to £15.00 p/hr PAYE (DOE).
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up databases and managing the data coming into the business. A proficiency with MS Word and Excel are essential, ideally the successful candidate would have experience using Access or other database management systems.
The Database Administrator / Analyst will perform advanced analytical tasks, often of a confidential nature in support of the global supply network Global Purchasing category management and/or site management. Manages suppliers by developing improvement plans and support buyers & professionals related to Response Time, Lean Targets Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) to enable optimal and efficient operations.
The Database Administrator / Analyst will perform analytical and administrative tasks in support of Global Purchasing Supply Network strategic initiatives.
- The position might suit a recent graduate - so for example someone completing an undergraduate degree from a college / university or equivalent experience
- Intermediate to advanced skill in use of computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access (desirable), Visio, PowerPoint, purchasing systems, and e-mail systems is preferred.
- Requires effective communications skills - both oral and written
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style
- Preferred that the incumbent is familiar with basic procurement and quality principles, procedures, and techniques
- Required to be able to prioritize work in a dynamic environment
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.