Sitec has a requirement for a Data Protection Representative for our client based in Broughton, Chester.
The role is a contract position for an estimated 12 months and the max rate of pay is up to £25.00 p/hr PAYE.
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The Data Protection Representative will represent the DPO of the Country across our clients UK National entities including the subsidiaries & Joint Ventures. You will perform your mission in HAP Department and coordination with:
* HO Data Protection
* CAM (Country Account Manager) Country DPO
* KAM Data Protection
You will be supported by the Network of Single Point of Contacts (SPOCs) across the business.
You will support worldwide and trans divisional Data Protection Centres of Expertise.
You are responsible for:
* Working towards compliance with applicable National and European Data Protection laws and regulations.
* Contribute to the deployment, implementation and review of Personal Data Protection policies and standards, training and audit actions.
* Monitoring correct application of Personal Data processing programs.
* Providing support to the management, the business, employees on legal & technical questions related to the protection of Personal Data & processing.
* Training and educating (Data Owners, Employees…) on Personal Data Protection matters.
* Manages risks and business impacts of European/national/international Data Protection legislations in the Country.
* Protect compliance of our clients in the UK in close cooperation with the Country DPO.
* Contribute to the supervision of the correct application of Persona Data processing programs.
* Identify and map all potential processing/ tools & applications/ databases containing Personal Data in accordance with national and European laws & Regulations.
* Support the HO Data Protection Expert Legal/Contracts to ensure updated & compliant Master Contracts available at trans divisional level, providing the right level of protection of personal data, liaise with Procurement and Legal Departments.
* Provide legal advice & recommendations, awareness/trainings on Personal Data Protection rights, obligations and respon-sibilities amongst Management, Businesses and Employees.
* Support the creation and make live the business Network of our clients in the Country.
* Ensure and monitor in close coordination with the Network and the Country DPO if needed, the proper use of Personal Data processing programs. In particular, take appropriate measures to work towards compliance.
* Contribute to the Data Protection Program by supporting the worldwide and trans divisional Centres of Expertise.
* Report to the KAM Data Protection of any business risk related to Data Protection and the Country DPO of any risk related to Data Protection compliance.
* On a risk based approach, contribute to the assessment & management of risks and business impacts of Europe-an/National/International Personal Data Protection legislations.
* Support the Country DPO with incident/data breach management
* Ensure a continuous legal watch on the area of expertise and adapt Company processes when needed.
* Support the Country DPO in case of national Data Protection litigations raised against the Division.
* Contribute to the Country DPO's yearly report for all our clients National including subsidiaries and Joint Ventures.
* Contribute to the deployment of Personal Data Protection strategy and objectives in accordance with agreed timescales.
* Good communication skills
* Entrepreneurial and team player
* Knowledge of and experience supporting business understanding and compliance with EU data protection and privacy laws and regulations - (essential but flexible on exposure to this)
* Solid understanding of the EU and UK Data Protection Regulations
* Demonstrated experience building positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including with employees, clients, senior management, external parties/authorities and suppliers - (essential, must have excellent communication skills as dealing with UK and European teams)
* Demonstrated ability to work across many levels of an organization
* Legal and Privacy background
* Experience supporting a data protection, privacy, security, legal or equivalent function directly or indirectly for a large, regulated and matrixed organization - (Desirable, flexible on background & industry that they have come from)
* Experience with business operations requirements identification and implementation
* Demonstrated ability to work across a matrixed or virtual organization and still meet objectives
* Travel 25% (minimum) - travel both UK and European offices
Please note that our client are ideally seeking someone to be based at their Broughton site. However, they may consider a candidate for their site in Filton, Bristol.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.