Sitec Currently has a requirement for our client based in Guildford for a Data Analyst to work in support of Earth Observations Operations. This is a contract role for an initial 4 months and has a pay rate of £16 p/hr Ltd.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION of Data Analyst Support
The EO Services team based in Guildford is responsible for providing Earth Observation skills and services. Activities range from data management, dissemination and long term archiving, service and quota management and consultancy including third party data quality control as well as website design, hosting and content management.
The Operations Support role will be focused primarily within the satellite data processing and archiving facility providing system monitoring and reporting support for the processing, archiving and dissemination of satellite data for a number of different projects.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES of Data Analyst Support
* Collate information required for input into daily, weekly and monthly reporting
* Prepare and upload daily and weekly reports
* Support the preparation of monthly reports
* Provide monitoring of all operational platforms during normal working hours
* Allocation and completion of operational tasks using the tools provided
* Report any/all observed anomalies through the appropriate channels
* Liaise with support teams in the resolution of anomalies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE of Data Analyst Support
* A-Level or above education
* Proven experience of computer operations in a service delivery environment
* Ability to follow work instructions
* Some knowledge of Unix/Linux command line interface
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Able to manage time efficiently, prioritise and manage workloads effectively and work with minimal supervision on day-to-day tasks
* Excellent communication skills
* Fluency in both spoken and written English
* Flexible and proactive approach to work
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.