Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to work with our client, Caterpillar Perkins, on-site at Peterborough. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months. Pay rate is £25 to £32 per hour but may be negotiable depending on experience.
JOB PURPOSE: Caterpillar (CAT) uses quantitative methods such as business simulations, data mining, modelling and advanced statistical techniques to solve problems.
This role focuses predominantly on engineering data and engineering test analytics, looking at how CAT can gain insights from a wide variety of sources in order to make engineering processes more efficient. Key drivers in this area are improving first time pass rates, reducing rework both process and engine and extrapolation of data to generate confidence in scenario generation. A familiarity with tools to manage large data sets both discrete and continuous would be beneficial, as would principles of data indexing and management.
The Data Analyst will:
- Demonstrate knowledge in the application of statistical methods and/or digital methods to solve business problems. Ideally will have a background in industries with large data management requirements.
- Assist Technical specialists in the creation, validation, and application of statistical models, as well as in implementing digital solutions that add business value.
- Work with Process Owners within Engineering to develop long term project plans that enable support of the delivery of Inline 6, Lean methodology and the infrastructure development strategy.
- Work with users to understand requirements for processing and storing analytic data and licences and access rights for standard IT functions.
- Demonstrate awareness of standard business processes and an ability to quickly understand CAT; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc. Analytic insights often come from bringing data from different disciplines together, and the ability to understand the broader business context is key.
- Demonstrate strong initiative to research and apply new methods to exceed customer expectations. Have a strong focus on continual learning in Analytics as this is a rapidly developing field.
- 3-4 years of Data Analytic experience
- IT Systems knowledge
- Previous knowledge of Database management systems such as MySQL/Oracle or similar
- Experience with platforms such as Alteryx, Tableau or National Instruments an advantage
- Familiarity with programming tools such as Matlab, R and Python preferred but not essential.
Remote working for this role will be considered but the role will predominantly be on site at the Peterborough site.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.