Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst for our client Perkins Engines, at their facility in Peterborough. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
Caterpillar uses quantitative methods such as business simulations, data mining, modeling and advanced statistical techniques to solve problems. The Senior Data Analyst contributes to this mission by acting as the technical lead of analytics project teams tasked with solving problems of low to medium complexity or business impact.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Volume: Participates on 4-6 projects per year
Financial impact: typically less than $2.0M
Scope: spans across 1-2 functional areas within BU
Geographic scope: Global impact
The Data Analyst will focus predominantly on Quality, Reliability & Warranty predictive analytics, looking at how we can gain insights from a wide variety of data sources in order to make our forecasting and processes more efficient. This could be in improving first time pass rates, reducing rework or extrapolation to generate confidence in certain outcomes. A familiarity with tools to manage large data sets both discrete and continuous would be beneficial, as would principles of data indexing and management.
The principal responsibility of Data Analyst is to move from being an individual contributor on analytic teams to acting as the technical lead on such teams. He or she will participate on crossfunctional project teams, provide overall guidance to the technical direction of the project, and mentor Jr Data Analysts on the technical approaches being used in order to solve a problem presented by a Caterpillar Business Unit or Service Organization, a Caterpillar Dealer, or a Caterpillar Customer.
* Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in the application statistical methods and/or digital methods to solve business problems.
* Ideally will have a strong background in mathematics and / or statistics.
* Coach and mentor other Information Analysts in the creation, validation, and application of statistical models, as well as in implementing digital solutions;
* Participate on 3-4 projects concurrently
* Demonstrate awareness of standard business processes and an ability to quickly understand Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc. Analytics insights often come from bringing data from different disciplines together, and the ability to understand the broader business context is key.
* Demonstrate strong initiative to research and apply new methods to exceed customer expectations.
The Data Analyst will have a strong focus on continual learning in Analytics as this is a rapidly developing field.
The candidate will demonstrate thorough statistical and/or digital technology knowledge and the ability to solve low to medium complexity problems. He or she demonstrates very good communication skills, being able to explain conclusions to customers with limited knowledge and experience with quantitative analytical methods.
As the first Senior technical analytic position, they are not expected to have previous experience leading teams, but they should exhibit strong communications, a penchant for innovation, above average initiative, people development, and interpersonal skills.
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree, preferably in statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar field with quantitative coursework, and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience utilizing quantitative analysis is required,
* Must be comfortable working in MS Office, and industry standard statistics and data visualization packages.
* Experience with Tableau, Alteryx or other ETL & visualisation packages is benefical.
* Ability to code, R or Python preferred.
* Must demonstrate strong leadership, initiative, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
The max rate for this role is up to £30-35 p/hr LTD Company. This rate is dependent on experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.