Sitec currently have an opportunity have an opportunity for a Data Administrator to join our client based in Brize Norton, this is a contract role for an initial 24 months and has a pay rate of £14p/hr Ltd
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our client as a Ground Support Systems Technician working specifically with Maintenance Data Systems (MDS). You will be based in Brize Norton at the RAF base, providing onsite support to the customer.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the MDS, running backups, reconfiguring the system, cleansing data and managing the network. You will support the configuration of both the portable and static network, providing complete systems support to the entire station support team.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Your core responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide local expertise to MOD in order to advise the customer in all activities relevant to A400M GSD support and operation.
- Provide guidance to the personnel in the usage of the MDS.
- Ensure GSD and MDS systems support on-site according to contractual obligations towards MOD.
- Provide feedback and proposals to improve customer satisfaction while enhancing Support contract profitability.
- Ensure Support performances with regards to the GSD and MDS are in line with the contracted service level agreement.
- Support RAF personnel in troubleshooting of the GSD and MDS hardware and software.
- Ensure the appropriate configuration of GSD hardware and software (e.g. databases management).
- Support RAF personnel in the loading of reference data (e.g. load new aircraft data at each new aircraft delivery).
- Support the Line Mil Part 145 and Mil Part 145 MRO , Mil Part M. Organisations.
- Ensure communication, and queries, between RAF and Airbus are correctly tracked through Airbus Military Help-Desk (AMTAC).
- Create an appropriate query/answer catalogue for the more frequent issues.
Desired Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies;
- Familiar with maintenance and troubleshooting of tools such as Aircraft ground support system tools.
- Good knowledge of Hardware maintenance level 1 for enterprise systems.
- Working knowledge of; shell scripting; enterprise backup principals/software; VMware; Vsphere; installation/configuration of virtual systems.
- Software development experience, with the ability to test and implement solutions.
- Ability to test and debug data base languages including ORACLE, access - including database performance tuning, problem solving, data base management)
- Familiar with Airbus type (A380 or 330/340) operation in airlines would be a bonus.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Ability to manage customer expectations.
- Negotiation level English both verbal and written.
- Willingness to travel.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.