Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Cyber Security Engineer (Systems) for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Cyber Security Engineer (Systems) to be embedded within the Cyber Ops team and lead the deployment and configuration of the cyber monitoring infrastructure. The role will involve working closely with the existing network security engineer to support collection and tuning activities, this will involve configuring and tuning tooling on the target networks as well as the cyber monitoring platform.
* Assess cyber monitoring capability to identify gaps within coverage and provide and implement mitigating solutions.
* Design, document and deploy cyber security monitoring infrastructure.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Deliver Technical Excellence
* Support development activities within the Cyber Monitoring team and work closely with the Cyber Monitoring analysts to undertake tuning and security scenario definition.
* Build and maintain good working relationships and communication channels within IT teams.
* Liaise with technical staff in other departments within the company and at partner organisations external to the client to better understand threats and possible countermeasures.
* HND in a related field
One or more of the following:
* Inquisitive, curious and perceptive
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Good attention to detail
* Good communicator
* Able to operate under pressure and self-manage conflicting priorities
* Deliver what is promised, on time and to plan
* Able to plan and organise to meet set timescales.
Evidenced knowledge/experience of:
* Cyber security best practices and toolsets.
* Working with data diodes within secure environments.
* Designing and managing monitoring solutions across multiple security domains.
* Cyber monitoring tools (SIEM, web proxies).
* Log collection infrastructure (Logstash, Windows Event Forwarding, Syslog).
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.