Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Customs Compliance Analyst for our client Perkins Engines in Stafford. This is a contract role for an estimated 2 months.
Job Title: Customs Compliance Analyst (Full Time or Part Time)
Salary Grade: 22
Division: Large Power Systems
Department: Business Resources
This position is responsible for managing daily customs compliance activity to ensure Caterpillar parts and product flow across international borders in compliance with customs regulatory requirements. In addition, this role will provide tactical trade compliancompce leadership and technical support to the business unit, minimising the risk of penalty and fines due to non-compliance and maximising opportunities for duty reduction.
· Development and maintenance of controlled process documentation and management of customs record-keeping requirements.
· Manage day to day compliance activity of brokers and freight forwarders relating to 4000 series engine material flowing into UK.
· Support the process of certification of Perkins produced engines for free trade rules of origin, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and retaini relevant preference documentation.
· Provide day to day support to Stafford facility in response to trade related queries. Liase with Corporate Global Compliance Managers/Experts as required
· Offer guidance and support for on-boarding any new Vendor Managed Inventory service providers
· Address inquiries from Customs agencies, file post entry adjustments, review valuation issues and oversee periodic transaction testing audits.
· Analyze and determine import duty cost reduction opportunities
· Three+ years of customs compliance experience.
· College or University degree in business related field preferable.
· Strong understanding of international supply chain including inco terms
· Understanding of risk management and controls environment
· Effective written and verbal communication skills..
· Self starter with initiative
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.