Sitec has 4 requirements for Customs Clerks to work for client - Caterpillar. These roles will be based in Peterlee, County Durham.
They are contract positions for an estimated 3 months initially, and the max rate of pay is up to £15.28 p/hr PAYE.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Caterpillar (UK) Limited Peterlee Division manufactures Articulated Trucks for customers around the world. The nature of this business necessitates the import and export of material in significant volumes. Caterpillar takes seriously its obligations as an importer and exporter and makes every effort to ensure full compliance with the law in this respect in every country in which the company operates.
The facility is authorised to operate several customs simplifications and regimes, namely:
* Inward Processing (IP)
* Customs Freight Simplified Procedure (CFSP)
* New Community Transit System (NCTS)
Through participation in these simplifications and regimes the facility achieves significant duty savings and supply chain enhancements. To safeguard these benefits the facility must ensure compliance with its obligations as an importer, exporter and authorisation holder through meeting a number of regulatory requirements in respect of its day-to-day operations.
There are multiple positions, to support in dealing with duty administration within Import/Export team in Peterlee.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMS CLERKS:
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to
* Provision of clearance instructions for imports to the UK of goods to ensure that customs entries are created in accordance with HMRC regulations and that all procedures as they relate to Procedure Codes, Commodity Codes and documentation are complied with.
* Validation of all customs entry documentation to ensure that these match to the instructions provided and following up with Customs Agents to ensure that any discrepancies/errors are acknowledged and corrected in a timely manner.
* Assisting with the maintenance of the Grosvenor Ricardo Duty Management System (Ricardo) to ensure that all entries are processed correctly, and any discrepancies are notified to the Accounting Manager - Trade Compliance in a timely manner. Resolve any issues regarding both the Ricardo transactional funnel generation process as well as individual funnel file issues.
* Assisting with the maintenance of the core product data relating to Commodity Codes, Customs Procedure Codes and Duty Bills of Material within Ricardo and, where applicable, the Peterlee Systems ERP System.
* Ensuring that all non-EU goods, and goods received via Duty Transfer or Community Transit are cleared in accordance with HMRC regulations and that all procedures as they relate to Procedure Codes, Commodity Codes and documentation are complied with. This also involves ensuring that all IP Removals to Free Circulation (relating to truck disposal entries) are made in a timely manner and using correct procedures as they relate to Procedure Codes, Commodity Codes etc.
* Obtaining and validating Export Declarations from DHL Global in support of Caterpillar SARL VAT reporting requirement, together with dealing with any related queries in respect of customs procedural codes, statistical values etc.
* Ideally, the successful candidate will have substantial relevant experience. Fluency in English is required and other languages are an added strength.
* Previous import AND export industry experience
* Experience with large buy/sell volumes worldwide
* Strong IT skills (MS Office), particularly excel skills
* Organisational skills a must
* Excellent interpersonal skills are essential as this person will be interacting with Operations and Supply Chain personnel on a daily basis and will also be required to interact with Customs Agents, Freight Forwarders and Government Officials, as appropriate.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - CORE HOURS
Working pattern and hours: Mon-Fri
* Mon - Thurs - core hours are 0730 till 1600, or 0800 till 1630.
* Friday - 0730 till 1200, 0800 till 1230.
These roles are purely office based, therefore there is no work from home option available.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.