Sitec have an interesting requirement for a Customs and Logistics Co-ordinator for our client in Portsmouth, Airbus Defence and Space. This is a contract role with an expected duration of 6 months and a rate of circa £20 per hour Ltd Company (or the PA YE equivalent). The successful candidate will need a background that will allow a basic Security check BPSS
DEPARTMENT: Customs , Transport & Logistics
REPORTING TO: Head of UK Logistics, Transport & Customs
* To proactively and comprehensively handle all activities related to the Importing, Exporting, shipping and Logistics of Airbus Defence & Space.
* To ensure compliance with all HMRC procedures and regulations
* Interface between the operational staff, project & Manufacturing area Managers.
* Interface with Logistics /Transport/Goods in/ Export & Compliance Departments both Portsmouth & Stevenage.
* Central Finance
* Purchasing & Procurement Departments
* Interfacing with Logistics Service Providers, National & International Authorities Transportation, airline & Licensing authorities
* HM Revenue & Customs
* External Service providers
* To Co-ordinate Import and Export activities for the resident site, conforming to HM Revenue & Customs regulations and the following governing departments & organisations using the appropriate business systems where applicable.
- HM Revenue & Customs (IPR/OPR/Intrastat)
- Marine & Coastguard agency (CAA)
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
* Controls & Coordinates despatching of goods via Service Provider (DHL, UPS, Laser, Fraser etc) using dedicated software provided.
* Monitor & Record all imports, both EU and outside EU, recording duty status Deferred, waiver etc
* Checking & monitoring of Freight/courier invoices for payment ensuring accurate costing, charging to project where applicable in a timely manner.
* Ensure all HM Revenue & Customs duty liabilities are fulfilled, minimising cost to Airbus DS.
* Raising necessary paperwork concerning all movements of Dangerous Goods.
* Raising of proforma invoices, obtaining information required from requestor & export control.
* Filling and scanning and administration
* Operational liaison with National & International logistics/transportation
* Import/Export & Customs Compliance & Regulations
* Working knowledge of supply chain logistics
* Effective communications.
* International Transportation legislation & procedure.
* Dangerous goods rules & regulations
* Customer Service
* SAP business system
* PC Literate
Preferable Qualification level: Current Dangerous Goods Certificate for IATA (air), ADR (road) and IMDG (Sea).
Experience Requirement: Employment within an International / multi-site Engineering, or Manufacturing environment, particularly in the Aerospace field.
Previous Logistics, Transportation & Customs responsibility.
Working environment/industry: Engineering, Aerospace, Space, Automotive.
* Communicates both verbally and in written form.
* Is able to create confidence and understanding and gain commitment from others.
* Personal drive and motivation
* Team working
* Planning, organisation and prioritisation
* Willing to travel if and when required.
* Experience & direct involvement in continuous improvement process tools & techniques.
* Previous background in telecommunications space industry
* Purchasing & supply chain exposure
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.