Sitec has a requirement for a Customer Engineer for our client Caterpillar / Perkins Engines. This is a temporary role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough. The hourly rate will be between £24.00 to £36.00 p/hr LTD Company (dependent on experience).
An opportunity exists within IPSD Sales & Marketing Group, for an engineering project leader, working in the Applications Engineering team, as part of the newly formed Service and Customer Support group (SCS). The Applications engineering team are the primary technical interface with 3rd party customers, responsible for product integration into customer's machines, from engine selection, validation through to volume production.
The role will require an element of regional and global travel to support key customer projects across 0.5L to 18L engines and will allow the candidate to broaden their technical and non-technical experience, as well as develop deep expertise with our product and market segments, such as customer product requirements, machine performance, NPI and customer management.
This customer facing engineering role is a great opportunity to gain deep product and customer knowledge, an essential foundation in building a professional career within Caterpillar and progression to senior grades in engineering, sales, marketing and product management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Own customer technical relationship from project concept to delivery, supporting sales, acting as customer trusted advisors providing deep expertise on engine integration
* Propose best technical engine solutions to customers to ensure Perkins/Caterpillar is selected as primary engine supplier to meet the customers project goals for quality, time and cost
* Advise how to improve machine efficiency & performance through ideal engine selection, knowledge of customer's machines, rapid response to issues and requests for new designs
* Approving customer machines for production by Judging approval risk and balancing high installation standards with customers experience and machine requirements
* Develop the technical expertise and A&I capabilities of the Caterpillar Dealers and Perkins Distributors to give a world-class service
* Capture customer/ market sector future technical requirements and input these into the Product definition teams and NPI programmes
* HNC Qualified or equivalent practical experience
* Self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers
* Ability to drive actions through the organisation
* Understanding of engine performance, design, field testing or manufacturing
Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.