Criticality Safety Assessors
Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Criticality Safety Assessor for a nuclear MoD establishment based in Reading. This is a permanent position paying a salary of £21,000 - £42,000 per annum including benefits.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment.
* The delivery of criticality safety assessments and the provision of criticality safety support and advice to the operational facilities or project management teams
* Provision of criticality safety advice and assessments to support the maintenance and delivery of the company's capability.
* Undertake criticality safety assessments and provide advice to existing facilities undergoing operational changes
* Advise and support the design team for new facilities and projects in respect of criticality safety, including provision of analyses needed to support staged safety reports
* Participate in Review, Learn and Improve activities and implement the outcomes to ensure the continued development and implementation of best practice in the delivery of criticality safety
* Support external activities as required as part of the Criticality Safety Authority Outreach and Science Programme, i.e. through presentations to external conferences/symposia
* Acquire the core competences needed to ensure that work undertaken is in line with best practice in criticality safety
* Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Engineering based degrees or equivalent
* MSc or PhD with a strong nuclear physics component will be advantageous
* Membership of a Chartered Institute, or working towards Chartered Status
* Good degree level understanding of nuclear physics
* Ideally, knowledge of nuclear transport codes - Monte Carlo and deterministic methods
* Knowledge of the physics of criticality (and an understanding of the chemistry and metallurgy of fissile materials)
* At the level expected of a new graduate or equivalent
* Experience in data analysis
* Report writing
* Working as part of a team
* Ideally, some experience through project placements / secondments in criticality safety (or a related discipline within the nuclear industry)
* Good report writing skills, with an ability to write in a clear and concise way to communicate technical issues
* Ability to prioritise a varied workload and ensure timely delivery
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.