Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine Engineering and Support Services industry and are seeking a Credit Controller to be based at their South Bristol offices on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months.
Role description and responsibilities:
* Ensure Sales ledger balances are collected to terms and keeping overdue debt to a minimum
* Ensure all Sales invoices are produced promptly and accurately
* Ensure cash receipts and bank transactions are entered accurately in a timely manner on to IFS to ensure the Bank balance is reconciled.
* Ensure forecast dates for receipt of monies from customers are up to date and accurate
* Ensure that the daily cash sheets are maintained and are accurate.
* Ensure Intercompany forecast information provided is up to date and accurate
* Ensure VAT returns are produced every quarter
Description of the skills, knowledge and experience required:
Previously worked in a credit controller role.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically MS Excel and MS Word
Good communication and people skills
Self-driven and motivated to implement improvements to current practices.
Proactive monitoring, managing and escalating of customer accounts to ensure debts are paid within terms.
Working within a defence related business would be advantageous.
Due to the nature of our clients business candidates need to have a background to be eligible for UK security checks.
A credit check will required for the successful candidate.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.