Sitec have a very interesting opportunity for a Courseware Designer to be based at our client's facility in Portsmouth. This is a contract role with an estimated duration until 15/05/2020 and a start ASAP if required.
Our client is involved in a project for the provision of education and training services to the UAE Navy. The training services comprise of Naval technical and tactical training courseware. As a large project with diverse stakeholders there is a requirement to ensure a consistently high standard across the large quantities of courseware and associated media being created.
Candidates are required to be confident in presenting to stakeholders and work within a team of strong characters.
Must have hands on development experience that is courseware based, rather than media.
General Description of role;
Will be involved in a project for the provision of education and training services to the UAE Navy. The training services comprise of Naval technical and tactical training courseware. A large project with diverse stakeholders & a requirement to ensure a consistently high standard across the large quantities of courseware and associated media being created.
Reporting to the Courseware Design Manager, the Courseware Designer will be required to deliver high quality e-learning courseware development services.
The main place of work will be Portsmouth and Fareham Area.
* Production of eLearning courseware in support of the requirements of the project
* Review and analyse TNA/FTS material to design produce courseware as part of an integrated team
* Ensure that courseware produced is of the required standard
* Continually improve the way they contribute to the business
* Ensure that they work in an effective collaborative manner with the project team, displaying the appropriate behaviours at all times
* Be responsible for the adherence of policies and procedures within the development utilising contract Courseware production process, Development and Acceptance Processes and Courseware Design Document
* Provide advice and guidance to stakeholders on the design and development of eLearning
* Ensure compliance with contractual requirements
* Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented.
* Any other reasonable duties from time to time which, in the Company's opinion are within the job holder's capability
Communications and Key Contacts;
* Line Manager.
* Senior Media Developers, Media Developers, SME, Courseware & QC Teams.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Essential Desirable;
* Consolidated experience of a Systems Approach to Training, preferably DSAT (Defence Systems Approach to Training)
* DCTS Training Design (successful completion)
* DCTS Job Analysis (successful completion)
* Experience in developing technology based training design solutions (e-learning, multimedia)
* Consolidated experience in LCMS authoring methodology
* Recent experience in training design and development
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance procedures
* Experience with SABA Publisher toolset
* Applies training design knowledge and experience - is able to demonstrate experience in developing and designing training courseware using a variety of media and technology
* Develops overall instructional strategy
* Training Design IT knowledge and experience - has a working knowledge of at least one industry-leading tool for design and development (including Learning Management Systems and Learning Content Management Systems)
* Maintains networks and engages in collaborative working - able to demonstrate ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships that deliver value to the customer.
* Project Management - has some experience of working in a structured, complex project environment
* Training methodology - Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-job or in classroom training, e-learning, simulations, workshops etc)
* Focuses on results - demonstrating drive and determination to achieve objectives; motivates others to achieve these goals and focuses on outcomes, not merely processes.
Successful candidates must undertake and achieve BPSS security clearance, including a criminal records check (unless they already possess a recent one) prior to start.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.