Sitec has a role for a Cost Estimator working for our client based in Broughton, Chester. This is a contract position for an initial 3 months.
The max rate of pay will be up to £27.00 p/hr LTD Company.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Costs Estimator will be responsible for developing cost estimates for airframe structures quickly and accurately with the minimum of information and help support Procurement in negotiations with suppliers.
You should be able to estimate the recurring and non-recurring costs associated with technical changes and modifications to detailed parts and assemblies.
* Must have knowledge Manufacturing and Manufacturing engineering experience an advantage. Candidates must be apprentice served Fitter, Machinist or Tool Maker
* An understanding of the manufacturing processes is required.
* Customer value - customer knowledge and implications on the supplier.
* Experience of machined components, Tooling and NC programming.
* Detailed understanding of Airbus wing manufacture and assembly would be an advantage.
* Good/detailed understanding of Airbus manufacturing processes including Composite Manufacturing would also be an advantage
* Costing knowledge would be an advantage but not essential as training will be available.
* The Costs Estimator must have a good working knowledge of structural systems gained in a manufacturing or methods environment
* Up to date appreciation of metal removal techniques and manufacturing processes a desirable requirement
* Some working knowledge of the French language would be an advantage but is not essential for the role
As a result of this the successful applicant will need to be a strong character. They will need to act with courage and be able to defend their decisions in front of suppliers.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.