Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Cost Estimator / Engineer for our client who are a multi-national Petrochemical company based in Hampshire. The post is an estimated 12 month rolling contract paying competitively on an hourly basis for a 40 hour week. The position is to start in January 2019.
The position is subject to employment screening (five year employment check) and criminal record check.
To provide full Cost Engineering support on numerous refurbishment projects using SAP, Excel and Lotus notes.
* Implementation of best practice Cost Engineering policy, processes and procedures.
* Accurately identify, control and forecast the cost to complete the projects in question.
* Co-ordinate the flow of information to ensure that interfaces within projects are effectively managed to optimise efficiencies.
* Develop, incorporate, monitor and report expenditure against that planned/budgeted including variance reporting.
* Monitor and report on project performance.
* Develop and manage a database to capture and identify/verify estimating norms and trends, earned value and performance indicators.
* To work with and provide support for colleagues in project teams.
* To work closely with the Planning Engineer, Estimator and Finance to provide a seamless service and no areas of overlap.
* Best practice processes, procedures, tools and techniques and mechanisms for their practical application.
* The highest degree of professional application in the Cost Engineering discipline and working relationships commensurate with the ethics of the profession.
* Multidiscipline and schedule skills would be advantageous.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.