Sitec - a Belcan Company is currently looking to recruit a Cost Estimator for our client who is a leading provider of engineering services which support national defence. The position will initially require the successful candidate to work remotely until further noticed and then based in Bristol but will include travel to Derby and is an estimated 7 month contract paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants must hold current SC Clearance to apply as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
Working closely with the Project Controls Manager, the cost estimator is responsible to the team leader for all programme cost estimates.
Within the Programme Definition and Design (PDD) Phase, key areas of responsibility will be:
- Producing budgetary forecasts - to meet the annual budgeting cycle (ABCs), potentially every quarter, this is likely to be one major update (January through March) with minor updates thereafter.
- Undertaking trade studies - investment appraisals in support of the key design decisions to be made.
- Business case submissions - generating the estimates, evidence and arguments to support future business cases.
- Ad-hoc activities - undertaking work as required by the team leader, finance, etc.
- Cost modelling - developing and maintaining cost models to support the above areas
- To discharge these responsibilities the estimator must have or develop close working relationships with other clients on the following:
- To provide a second opinion on estimates and to discharge their role in generating ICE for. This may extend in relation to primary plant estimates.
- To provide access to current estimates for the programmes. The estimator is also expected to be aware of current progress and problems on these programmes in order that their impact can be assessed and reflected into the estimates (both cost and time).
- To develop a detailed understanding of primary plant costs and their makeup. The estimator will work closely with the representative in the team in developing primary plant estimates and will be expected to achieve 'buy-in' from NP in any estimates going forward.
- To develop an understanding of Dreadnought/Astute combat systems and their costs in order that appropriate estimates can be developed.
- Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the Cost Estimator will be responsible for producing cost estimates.
- A key area of responsibility for the Cost Estimator will be to provide estimates for design options and to estimate cost deltas as a result of system & component specifications, standards & performance requirements to support the cost reduction initiatives and system down selection decisions.
1. ABC Submissions;
2. Programme cost profiling;
3. System level cost estimates.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.