Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Cost Estimator to join our client based in Bristol. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £27p/hr Ltd.
We are looking for a Cost Estimator Manufacturing to join the costing team FCCAW in Bristol. This is an opportunity for an estimator to work closely with the current team to supply estimates in support of the Brexit emergency support plan.
Main missions, responsibilities
As part of the UK Costing team, you will be responsible for building cost estimates. The focus will be mainly on Wing for Recurring cost activities and Non-Recurring activities for all current and future programmes.
As the successful candidate your main activities will include:
- Produce cost estimates for Wing Work Packages against a set of criteria and assumptions, using and developing a variety of costing methodologies, tools and processes
- Be accountable for the integrity and consistency of the cost estimates
- Support the procurement negotiations
The job holder will be in direct contact with:
- Brexit emergency response team.
- Costing senior management.
After a first training period (costing reference development, costing tool knowledge, ...) the job holder will be autonomous in estimating and representing FCCAW in front of procurement and suppliers and the Brexit team.
As well as using personal experience to estimate costs, the role will require analysis and understanding of previously captured costing data and how those metric can be applied in the future costing activities.
The successful candidates will demonstrate a good level of interpersonal skills and be able to influence at all levels within the business.
We are looking for someone with experience of product knowledge including manufacturing processes (metallic and composite)
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Good product knowledge.
- Knowledge of Jigs and Tools used for Wing manufacturing
- Knowledge of design and manufacturing processes for Wing WP
- IT - Knowledge of design tools (CATIA, ...)
- IT - Knowledge of Production and design tools (PDM-link, SAP, ...)
- Cost estimate experience is an advantage, but training will be given.
- Project Management experience would be an advantage
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.