Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Cost Estimating / Controls Engineer for a multi-national Petrochemical company based in Southampton, Hampshire. The post is an initial 12 month contract paying competitively on an hourly basis for a 40 hour week.
The Cost / Schedule / Controls Engineer will perform or coordinate effort for cost estimate preparation, estimating oversight and quality assurance reviews for Company operated and Other Builder Operator estimates for all Gate and Funding milestones.
The Cost / Schedule / Controls Engineer will also prepare Check Estimates and Schedules to compare with Operated by Others (OBO) Operator-prepared submittals. Also this person will participate in estimate / Schedule assessments (verification of project cost & schedule bases). Lastly, they are expected to participate in Estimating Group process efficiency tools and quality assurance review process improvements.
Scope of Work
Preparation of cost & schedule estimates for revamp capital projects to $100M, using a range of EMRE standard tools and work practices. The successful candidate will be familiar with translating detailed design specifications into quantities which can then be factored into detailed cost and schedule estimates required by our project management systems. The cost engineer is responsible for co-ordinating various inputs including vendor quotations, contracting strategies and detailed engineering proposals to ensure cost estimates are produced on time and to the correct quality / accuracy.
Tasks & Responsibilities
* Assist Estimating Group Supervisor with analysis and planning for Cost and Schedule Development (C&SD) Estimate / Schedule staffing requirements
* Provide input for personnel performance appraisal for cost and schedule practitioners as requested
* Assist Area Supervisors with updates of weekly Status Report and project status summary reports
* Promote and facilitate effective communication, teamwork, and alignment among Cost & Schedule Development personnel and others
* Conceive, implement or participate in capital efficiency improvement initiatives
* Internal Coordination:
o Cost & Schedule Area Advisors/Supervisors
o Project Management Area Advisors (Planning & Controls)
o Project Planning & Controls (Business) Managers and Project Controls Leads assigned to Projects
o Cost & Scheduling (C&S) Technology Manager
o C&S personnel permanently assigned to projects
* Ensure appropriate quality and quantity of Contractor's Quality staff assigned to the project
* External Coordination: Counterparts in other project management organizations
Skills & Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering within discipline or equivalent professional experience
* Skills to negotiate and broker successful solutions between Internal Coordination parties above
* Basic to advanced level proficiency in Cost Estimating, Project Planning and Project Controls
* Strong Influencing, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills
* Adaptability to changing priorities
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills. This is a job level 1 position: 1 to 10 years of related experience is required
Specific Job Requirements
* Work pattern is a standard 40hrs working week.
* The candidate may need to travel occasionally to any one of our clients European affiliates on short duration business trips. All business is conducted in English and no specific second language skills are required.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.