Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Cost Engineer / Controller for our client who are a Petrochemical company based in Hampshire. The post is an estimated 12 month contract paying competitively on an hourly basis for a 37.5 - 40 hour week.
The role is to manage, co-ordinate, forecast and report on costs associated with maintenance execution activities on site.
This will be in routine maintenance, minor events (~£1M) and major events (>£15M).
The ideal candidate would have experience in the following items, I have put in brackets where we can provide training:
* Use of SAP (we can train if required)
* Accurate estimating of costs using execution contract rates or man hours
* Experience in analysing requirements/specification for projects / events in a refining environment (major industrial will be acceptable)
* Forecasting annual spend and producing regular reports
* Prepare monthly and year end accruals
* Reviewing execution schedules
* Implementing best practice and driving efficiency
* Performing cost control
* Analysing any variance in planned / predicted costs
* Ideally a Degree / HNC / HND in a financial related discipline, physical science or engineering related program
* Detail oriented, analytical and focused
* High level of computer literacy
* Resolving problems
* Teamwork and communication
* Being self-motivated and dependable
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.