Sitec are currently recruiting for our client for a Cost Engineer to work on a 12 month contract. This role will be based in Newbury, Berkshire.
Principal Tasks & Responsibilities of the Cost Engineer
* Liaise with project team members to obtain and challenge cost related aspects of project
* Collate, monitor, analyse and report all cost related aspects for project
* Maintain a monthly forecast and EAC and understand any change from month to month
* Maintain project control structures (WBS/CBS) and monitor actual and forecast costs against budgets
* Maintain a close working relationship with the commercial manager to ensure that change control is factored into the project forecasts
* Work closely with the project planner to ensure integration of cost and planning
* Prepare data for and contribute directly into internal business and client reports
* Prepare and produce weekly actual labour reports for project manager
* Prepare monthly application for payment and collate supporting evidence of costs such as timesheets, supplier invoices and staff expense claims
* Maintain a close working relationship with the finance department and collate and submit accruals on a monthly basis
* Degree Qualified or relevant proven experience within a cost role in the nuclear or similar industry
* Minimum 3 years relevant experience within a cost role in the nuclear industry or similar
* A good level of computing literacy
* A strong working knowledge of MS Excel
* Experience with ERP such as SAP, Oracle or similar
* Sound knowledge of general project controls in a major projects environment
* An awareness of NEC3 or similar type contracts
* Strong communication skills
Successful applicants will need a background to enable a security clearance to SC level. This must be held when starting this assignment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.