Sitec - a Belcan Company are currently looking to recruit 2 Cost Engineers for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The posts are estimated 12 month contracts and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
You must hold current DV Clearance to apply as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
A member of the Business Management team supporting, providing and delivering cost engineering capability in support of clients projects.
- Complying with appropriate procedures, processes and systems to ensure the quality and consistency of data.
- Supporting the preparation, monitoring and control of forecasts and budgets for specified projects, including change control.
- Support system interrogation and performance measurement of actual expenditure and performance, including accruals where necessary.
- Provide input to cost reports, including trend analysis and early warnings as necessary.
- Perform and support other Cost Engineer requirements as requested.
- Support detailed SPI, CPI variance analysis and root cause analysis, including input to the narrative, recommendations & recovery planning in accordance with monthly reporting timescales.
- Support the creation of the Project Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) and assist the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data. Providing data for benchmarking information to meet specific needs.
- Support trended data to assist the Project Manager based on performance to date and seek emerging trends to aid recommendations.
- Review manpower productivity and time bookings to projects including resource usage vs. planned, identify resource constraints, etc. and support recommendations to the Project Manager.
- Degree in Engineering or Business discipline (desired) otherwise qualified by experience is acceptable.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.