Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Cost Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an estimated 12 month + contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
A member of the Business Management Team supporting, providing and delivering cost engineering capability in support of the clients projects.
* Complying with appropriate procedures, processes and systems to ensure the quality and consistency of data.
* Supporting the preparation, monitoring and control of forecasts and budgets for specified projects, including change control.
* Support system interrogation and performance measurement of actual expenditure and performance, including accruals where necessary.
* Provide input to cost reports, including trend analysis and early warnings as necessary.
* Perform and support other Cost Engineer requirements as requested.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Support detailed SPI, CPI variance analysis and root cause analysis, including input to the narrative, recommendations and recovery planning in accordance with monthly reporting timescales.
* Support the creation of the Project Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) and assist the preparation of cost studies utilising historical data. Providing data for benchmarking information to meet specific needs.
* Support trended data to assist the Project Manager based on performance to date and seek emerging trends to aid recommendations.
* Review manpower productivity and time bookings to projects including resource usage vs. planned, identify resource constraints, etc. and support recommendations to the Project Manager.
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
* Good standard of general education, including business / project management qualification or equivalent or proven level of experience - essential
* Degree or equivalent in an appropriate business / technical discipline, or working towards professional membership, or qualification - desirable
* Stakeholder management skills with ability to collaborate at all levels - essential
* Microsoft Office - essential
* Demonstrable specialist skills associated with the role - desirable
* Working use of a cost management tool - desirable
* Experience of developing effective stakeholder relationships - essential
* Experience of working in a project environment - essential
* Evidence of having operated in a similar role - desirable
* Experience of owning and developing best practice, processes, tools and techniques - desirable
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.