Sitec has a requirement for an experienced Cost Engineer with experience in supply chain for our client Perkins in Peterborough. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 mths. Rate is subject to experience.
Perkins began at Peterborough more than 85 years ago, and today their manufacturing facility produces the fuel-efficient 1200 Series, the powerful 400 Series and the popular 1100 Series.
It's also the base for worldwide research and development of engines up to 7.1 litre, with 20 test cells in the Europe Research and Development Centre.
Summary of Cost Engineer role:
Responsible for facility performance levels to corporate targets for inventory reduction, increased inventory turns and improved order-to-delivery results.
Exercises moderate independent judgement with direction from supervisor.
* APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification.
* College or university degree, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Industrial Engineering.
* Experience with the CPS RIW and Value Stream Transformation process.
* Significant supply chain job experience.
* Experience in the development and deployment of Supply Chain processes.
* Experience and knowledge of lean concepts and tools.
* Experience and knowledge about CPS supply chain principles, specifically those applied to pull replenishment using material replenishment tools and processes, Supply Chain Planning analytical tools, material flow and throughput efficiency.
* Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures and solid product knowledge.
* Ability to design and deploy lean systems in a highly productive environment with minimal disruption to daily requirements.
* Strong understanding and previous experience using common supply chain systems.
* Knowledge of and/or experience deploying using 6Sigma Project Management principles.
* Leadership skills to effectively lead supply chain improvements making the best use of available resources, while maintaining strong people focus and fulfilling the responsibilities for leading people.
* Strong collaborative, interpersonal and negotiation skills in order to drive common supply chain processes across multiple departments within a business division.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to creatively solve complex problems.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities of Cost Engineer:
* Performing work to achieve corporate supply chain performance targets focused on inventory reduction, increased inventory turns and improved order-to-delivery results.
* Working on the deployment of the supply chain planning process, this develops the plan for every part and pull replenishment methods for a facility.
* Working effectively with diverse, multi-functional teams in order to apply the supply chain planning process and leading team efforts to develop lean material flow plans for a facility, which may include implementing changes to factory floor layout and material presentation at the point of use.
* Gathering and analysing data on facility demand and demand variability for each part required for production.
* Gathering and analysing data about supplier shipping performance and variability % for each part number.
* Developing material flow plans for all material coming into a facility for production.
* Reviewing, analysing and cleaning data prior to migration it into the PFEP Web Tool.
* Leading the work of supply chain planning analysts in the documentation of this data into the plan for every part web tool.
* Creating and maintaining a site level Flow Map for parts used in production.
* Leading deployment teams, in the execution of Pull Material Replenishment processes in a plant.
* Performing physical, tactical work across multiple functions to make improvements required to attain MQ or other like Certification for a Facility.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.