Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Cost Analyst to support the Planning, Scheduling and Maintenance Department of a Private Oil and Gas Company in Fawley, Southampton. The post is initially for a 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
The main responsibility of the role is to interrogate financial and transactional data from within SAP and external data sources, to highlight trends, potential gaps and or improvement areas. The aim being to allow the maintenance department to improve processes and become more efficient.
* Running of KPI metric reports via the use of SAP transactional reports and PMBW (Plant Maintenance Business Warehouse). Be able to produce and show this data in a visual and professional way to allow easy interpretation of key messages.
* Look for opportunities and area's to improve business process and activities to help improve maintenance efficiency.
* Help and assist with the monthly maintenance activities and tasks. These activities involve working to deadlines and must be done to a high level of accuracy. Example of reports/ processes being Accruals, cost transfers, OPEX reports etc.
Working in a small team of 4 people with an aim to improve the group's overall understanding and knowledge by sharing and assisting.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Have a strong analytical aptitude and mind set for interrogating information and data with an aim to highlight trends, gaps or improvement areas.
* Must be a driven individual who wants to learn and acquire new skills for the development of themselves and the team
* Have a very good understanding of the standard Microsoft Office tools. Must be able to use Excel proficiently, including features such as pivot tables
* Good knowledge of SAP would be preferable, however training and will be provided as part of the job role.
* A general and good understanding of computer systems. Must also have an aptitude to acquire new skills and understanding in the use of business programmes
* Attention to detail and a logical thought process. Must be able to produce solid reliable data with a good understanding of the background of which the data is representing.
* Proactive & driven to resolve problems. Using previous experience and understanding to resolve current issues or activities
* Able to prioritise and organise work effectively and ensure key deliverables are met within set deadlines
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.