Sitec has a requirement for a Controls and Systems Integration Engineer for our client based in Peterborough.*
Note that the main base is Peterborough, but there is an opportunity to work from home or from another CAT/Perkins site in the UK; incl but not limited to Desford, Peterlee or Stafford.
This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months and the max rate of pay is up to £42.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Caterpillar Inc is the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The Caterpillar brand is recognised worldwide and is synonymous with quality and reliability.
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Controls and Systems Integration Engineer to support the development of new control approaches and systems integration processes within Caterpillar's Energy and Transportation Research team. This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with European Universities, internal and industrial partners as well as will our US based sister team. The team leads the powertrain research strategy and delivery for Caterpillar within Europe, this includes global research responsibility for electrification and hybridisation systems integration and control.
- Build, validate and optimise Controls Orientated Models across multiple execution platforms.
- Development of embedded controls architectures, interfaces and physical test and simulation tools, within wider end to end controls system and powertrain development process.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to support continuous improvement of embedded controls and powertrain development process.
- Validation of implemented code through SiL, HiL, on test bench and with-in demonstrator applications.
- Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills, a higher-level degree would be advantageous.
Analysis - Candidates must:
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions
- Have a high level of competency in the use of data-analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Minitab, Matlab/Simulink etc.)
- Have the potential to develop or improve analysis tools
- Understand requirements of embedded controls models, HiL and Hierarchical Model Interface (HMI) methods
Technical Knowledge - Candidates must:
- Understand underlying theoretical principles of embedded control systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of implementation of control strategies into production systems.
- Be familiar with modelling of complex systems, including at least some of: Physics based differential and difference based systems, empirical modelling, system or parameter identification.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.