Sitec has a requirement for a Control Systems Engineer for our client based in Portsmouth.
This is a contract position for an initial 6 months and the max rate on pay is up to £40.00 p/hr LTD Company.
This role is to be part of an integrated project team to deliver high quality satellite communication system on sea and on aircraft. The control systems role is to provide the domain knowledge to enable the tracking and motion rejection of highly resilient, reliable and robust systems for sea and air.
* Experience in the design of Motion control system
* Familiar with Control system theory such as- MIMO, system identification, Mathematical modelling (transfer function), matrix manipulation, PID, pole placement, adaptive control, fuzzy logic, stability analysis, tracking algorithm, axis transformation.
* Experience of control system modelling, analysis and design using MATLAB Simulink or similar
* Systems engineering experience in capturing system requirements specification and analysis for integrated Mechatronic system (Software, Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical integrated system)
* Knowledge of modern servo drive control technology
* Experience in Instrument design and interface
* Understand the design of Servo control system for an inertially stabilised mobile platform
* Experience in Control of nonlinear disturbance on eg marine/ship environment
* Familiar with Enterprise Architect, DOORS, Matlab Simulink, UML, Model based System engineering, MatCad, Ada programming language
'Good to have' skills
* Knowledge of Inertia stabilisation system based on Rate Gyro for antenna gimbal control Knowledge of SatCom systems
* Knowledge of multi axis gimbal dynamics and kinematics
* Experience in low-voltage electrical system design
* Experience in instrument network interface technology such as Ethernet, CAN/LAN/EtherCAT, distributed IO, RS422/RS485
* Knowledge of Safety critical system design
* Understanding of ship motion and sea states
* Knowledge of RF beacon characteristics
* Knowledge of structural resonance in gimbal design
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.