Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Contracts Standards and Guidance Officer for our client based in Bristol although the location is based from home with travel around the UK. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively from £280.00 to £315.00 per day on a Ltd basis.
Priority tasks/responsibilities of role:
* Review/update/create suite of contract and tendering template documentation to utilise selected NEC 3 and client terms and conditions.
* Establish/maintain central repository of templates within SharePoint with appropriate document control functionality and written guidance for use.
* Incorporate any impact of legislative or Industry best practice guidance within standard suite of contract documents/templates on on-going basis.
* Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor in relation to contract and tendering template documentation and NEC process.
* Formulate compliance check lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
Support and guidance element of role - as required by business requirements:
* Provide advice on completion of tendering/contract documentation.
* Provide internal governance on pre/post award contract management.
* As required by Legal Advisor/Head of Procurement/Head of Commercial, review draft tenders, contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with company requirements.
* Provide advice/guidance on tender documentation for specific procurements when requested.
* Provide professional advice and guidance in all aspects of NEC contracting.
* Support to client Legal Adviser role including insurance compliance tasks and audits.
* Qualification equivalent to level 6 (England and Wales) and level 10 (Scotland) in an appropriate subject area - e.g. Bachelor's Degree or demonstrable equivalent relevant experience
* CIPS Level 6 or Chartered Membership of a relevant Institute or demonstrable equivalent relevant experience
Experience / Knowledge
* Strong analytical and numerical skills including an ability to identify relevant and useful data.
* Comprehensive knowledge of best practice Procurement principles and methodologies.
* Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Contract Law and British and European legislation
* Experience in governance and assurance processes
* Significant demonstrable planning and organisational skills
* Leadership and managerial skills
* Experience of providing authoritative advice on all commercial matters (orally and in writing) across the company, the NDA and to supply chain professionals of all grades
* Knowledge of Contract Management
* Significant experience of relationship management and the ability to communicate and interact with all stakeholders
* Experience of delivering effective presentations
* High level business management skills
* IT skills
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.