Sitec is currently recruiting for a Contract Manager for our client based in Bristol. This is a contract role for an estimated 4 months.
Our client is a leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. They champion innovative technologies and offers some of the world's most fuel efficient and quiet aircraft.
Our client has achieved more than 10,000 deliveries since their first aircraft entered into service. Headquartered in Toulouse, France.
A vacancy for an Interim Contract Manager role has arisen within their site in Bristol to provide support to the UK R&T Contract Management team to clear a backlog of outstanding work due to a period of high workload. The successful applicant will join the UK CTO team responsible for Research & Technology (R&T) Business Development and Partnerships.
The individual will be responsible for refreshing or completion of contracts with our R&T partners in the "aerospace eco-system" - Universities/RTOs/Industrials. Also, the person is likely to engage in collaborative Government funded contracts, which provide public funding for Research and Technology (R&T) projects, focused on specific funding bodies and for bid preparation, contract negotiation and contract fulfilment.
TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The jobholder will work closely with internal stakeholders (IP/Legal/engineering) and external partners to negotiate to conclusion a range of R&T contractual agreements.
The job holder will also support production and collation of contractual documentation for funding proposals which will require an interface with the funding agency (BIS/ATI/Innovate UK) for specific contracts, and collaborative partners.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* To effectively integrate between the R&T partner and internal teams (CTO; Legal; Engineering; Procurement ….) to secure an acceptable set of terms for our clients business.
* Negotiation to conclusion of R&T contractual agreements with a range of R&T partners, establishing a range of contracts:
- University Framework agreements;
- University Studentship Agreements
- Collaboration Agreements with industrial and university partners (including IP terms).
To deliver these - you will liaise with appropriate experts to secure an integrated result
* Preparation of bids for public funding, defines the appropriate contract structure, assembles the required data (technical content; tax-payer value for money; strategic fit; partner rationale; exploitation plans….) in close collaboration with the other Contract Managers and technical experts and partners
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the key stakeholders in the contract (technical & commercial), within the collaborative partner's organisations and at the target funding agency (officials & contract reviewers), to ensure business needs are met.
This role will possibly involve travel for business and as such the jobholder must be able to travel accordingly.
REQUIRED SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies:
* Contracting experience with legal awareness including IP
* Negotiation Skills
* Well organised team player
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent), specialising in Business or Engineering related. Customer or supplier facing experience.
* Politically astute.
* Awareness of the security of data and export sensitivities.
* Tension / Competition resilience.
* Self-starter attitude, pro-activity and involvement.
* Organisation in terms of quality and timeliness.
* Time management skills of self and others, including ability to work under pressure/workload prioritisation
* Negotiation level of English.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.