Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Contract Manager for a Waste Disposal Facility in Cumbria. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively up to £60.00 per hour on a Ltd basis.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Disclosure Scotland and a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
The Waste Portfolio Commercial team requires a Contract Manager to lead, direct and develop Waste Management Services Framework Contracts.
This will involve managing a team of between 3-5 people, providing leadership, expert advice, guidance and direction to the commercial team and wider business.
Ensuring our client delivers the services, manages new and residual commercial risks, and realises opportunities and benefits through the Waste Services Frameworks and Contracts suppliers and customers.
The appointed individual will ensure the consistent application of the contract management disciplines within the Waste Management Services (WMS) and lead in enhancing and developing the frameworks & contracts.
The role would report into the Head of Procured Services, but must maintain a close working relationship with the WMS Teams, their Heads and the Head of WMS.
* Ensuring the generation of contract and commercial management deliverables, including some reporting against progress to the Head of Procured Services, to the wider business and Stakeholders.
* Leading and managing a team and providing guidance to assist them in the delivery of services to our clients standards and expectations.
* Manage the identification, analysis, and management of contract and commercial risks, issues, and assumptions.
* Manage and advise on the application of further competitions, co-ordination & assessment of tender documentation and producing recommendation for award, (framework terms are based on NEC3 Term Service Contract).
* Ensure contract and commercial management of new service projects placed through the services framework during engagement.
* Provide support and guidance to both internal parties and external customers and suppliers.
* Lead on service project transition and development of standardised service project documentation (e.g. service quotations, plans, risk registers).
* Lead in the establishment of new supplier relationships and appropriately strengthen and maintain existing relationships.
* Set and monitor personal and team performance objectives.
* Manage and assist the review of the C&CM Internal management systems to align with, and cope with, new service requirements for contract management and the wider business.
Essential & Desirable Skills
* Strong commercial & contract awareness and able to demonstrate experience in public sector purchasing & contract management.
* Ability to manage and lead a team of individuals.
* Experience of establishing & maintaining suitable supplier relationships.
* Excellent organisational & time management skills and able to work independently and prioritise workloads under pressure.
* Able to communicate effectively with employees and suppliers at all levels in order to provide an effective service. Strong written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills will be required.
* Experience of leading or clear involvement in complex business programmes.
* Able to establish and then strengthen strong professional relationships between employees and our clients supply chain in order to support and achieve strategic objectives.
* Mature and measured personal presence and belief to influence and work with personnel in a fast moving service delivery environment, with many competing priorities and strong personalities.
* Experience of public procurement regulations, or alternative structured procurement system, to support the further competition processes.
* Degree (minimum 2:2) with 5 years experience.
* Professional qualifications in relevant field and/or suitable relevant experience in contract management covering a range of services.
Desirable Skills /Qualifications
* MCIPS / RICS
* NEC3 term service contract.
* Complex service contract mobilisation & management
* Full UK driver's license
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.