Sitec has a requirement for a Contract Coordinator for our client within the Defence industry. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Broughton, Salford. The max pay rate for this role is £14.83 p/hr PAYE.
Operating as "contracts co-ordinator" the incumbent be active by interrogating and striving to improve on delivery and cost performance across the transport, wing despatch and beluga line station areas. The fundamental role is one that captures all the contractual and procurement requirements for the supply, maintenance and use of various modes of transport across the Broughton plant.
Provide comprehensive reporting for management review of the NPO budget for the Surface and Air Transportation (S&AT). Liaising directly with senior management and the finance controller to ensure a robust structure and local management process
Responsible for the co-ordination of various contracts for the Transport/Maintenance, Wing Despatch, Beluga Line Station departments and to ensure continuous availability of mechanical aids to the SA and LR/A350 production facilities
River Dee Dredger - Arenig Fawr
Liaised directly with General Procurement department in Hamburg for the Strategic Marine Load Out Facility (LOF) 2017/18 operating costs for the Dredger vessel Arenig Fawr. Processing purchase orders for the twice yearly dive inspection of the LOF berth grillage mats and assisted in the preparation for the 3-year planned refurbishment works during the yearly shutdown period
Manage day to day deliverables of the service providers for mechanical handling machines and Fork Lift Trucks (FLT) (103-off) on behalf of all Broughton plant including direct liaison with the respective engineers ensuring work is executed within set timescales to ensure operational continuity to minimise disruption.
Haydock planned & reactive works
* Produced a revised Haydock PPM schedule used in daily Haydock meetings for the planning of outsourced servicing of the clients owned fleet of vehicles (62-off), as well as defect reporting. No disruption logged.
* Management of parts orders for internally maintained vehicles (40-off), majority of which being critical to operations.
* Attend Haydock quarterly review with our clients procurement team and provide analysis ahead of Haydock presentations for schedule adherence and financial accuracy.
* Continue to challenge spend safeguarding budget
* As part of the structured HOB monthly review prepare a Risk & Ops file outlining the monthly change to the forecast for presentation to the senior management team.
* Devise reports which highlight real-time budget trend risk and opportunities enabling constant realignment of budget ensuring risks are escalated and/or opportunity is re-allocated to fund DOTA projects.
* Report to financial controller the direct monthly NPO limited liability 'actual spend' demonstrating all suppliers' invoices authorised and actioned in correct period. Identification and rectification of non-conforming invoices, interdepartmental suppliers' back-charges and accruals reported.
* Regular Liaison with S&AT Financial Controller to ensure FSI01 and facilities back-charges were captured/accrued to protect 2017 budget.
* Provide financial information in support of Capex make v buy projects
* Liaise with suppliers and procurement to raise annual limited liability orders for 16 companies. End to end management from raising of Buyside cart through to PO notification, goods receipt, recording and analysing spend and PO closure.
* Continual demonstrated performance of budget protection by year on year cost reduction through implementation and management of parts ordering process providing transparency of spend.
* 'Buyside' requester for Transport, Wing Despatch and the Beluga Line Station providing support and advice on suppliers and services raised against NPO and CAPEX (Single Aisle Trailer Modifications, BLS racks and Jack Levelling System).
* Streamline processes i.e. implemented automated driving licence checking system now recognised as 'best practice' and implemented across Broughton and Filton sites.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.