Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join our client based in Stafford. The role is for an initial 12 months and has a pay rate of £30 p/hr Ltd.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve manufacturing processes and systems. The incumbent will play a key part of driving the Technical Services team standards and project delivery goals aligned to the business strategy. They will have a track record of establishing controlled processes and safe systems of work through to completion.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Management of facility continuous improvement projects in support of EHS and Process Excellence activities
* Managing handover and completion of facility improvement projects to support both Construction & Infrastructure and Asset & Reliability teams.
* Management of key sub-contractors. SLAs, account management, auditing and benchmarking.
* Drive World Class maintenance strategy for the Stafford site, defining current state, risks, refurbishment plans and critical asset controls.
* Management and auditing of the Maintenance parts stores.
* Development, monitoring and continuous improvement of Intensive Care Monitoring (ICM) activities that support operational processes
* Development, monitoring and continuous improvement of technical services safety policies and standards.
* Developing a selected supplier list through benchmarking and supplier performance reviews alongside the Global Purchasing organisation.
* Report project status at key milestones to facility and business stakeholders.
* Perform technical analysis of manufacturing processes to support management decisions.
* Procure material and services related to manufacturing improvements through external suppliers.
* Respond to customer issues and lead process improvements.
Skills and Experience
* Degree in a Maintenance or Manufacturing Engineering related discipline or equivalent extensive experience.
* Track record of delivering sustainable improvements across multiple areas including Safety, PPM, Waste Reduction and Plant performance within an FMCG or manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of manufacturing concepts such as Lean, CI, Process auditing, Safety Management.
* Experience project managing manufacturing and / or construction projects.
* Must be self-motivated, have a can-do attitude to take ownership of issues / deliver sustainable improvements and be an effective team player with the ability to communicate across all functions within business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.