Sitec are currently recruiting for our prestigious client in the Naval / Marine, Engineering and Support Services industry who are seeking a Constructive Designer to be based in Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially but we expect this to be extended.
Due to unprecedented growth and ambitious future plans to double turnover within the business unit, they are currently looking for two Constructive Design Engineers to join the expanding Design team at their site in Plymouth. The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for the planning and production of drawings and associated documentation in support of Design Projects.
- Preparation / production of working drawings
- Liaise with Project/Production/Contractors/Equipment Suppliers to overcome installation problems and provide support with technical queries
- Assist Production/Test Groups with the compilation of Test Forms/Procedures
- Develop innovative design solutions in reaction to operational defects or revised customer requirement
- Approach equipment suppliers requesting technical specifications, price and lead time
- Produce information and consider safety implications of designs in order to satisfy HAZOP requirements
- Produce breakouts from Guidance information
- Produce and maintain Project Dockets
- Update Datum Pack Drawings / AutoCAD Working Drawings
- ONC or equivalent engineering academic qualification
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship scheme or equivalent
- A basic understanding of the 'Through Life' documentation support requirements of the Ministry of Defence.
- Experience of a Design environment
- Understanding of engineering principles within a constructive field, Structural steel, weld, weld symbols and material specifications
- An understanding of Risk Management
- Have an understanding of Company/Departmental procedure's relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements
- IT literate (Microsoft office software)
- AutoCAD experience
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance to SC level.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.