Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking several Constructive Design Engineers to work on modification to HMS Prince of Wales Aircraft Carrier based at Rosyth Dockyard on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Main Purpose of the Constructive Design Engineers:
Designer is responsible for the creation of CAD models and drawings along with other design deliverables to the required standards. They are required to contribute to, as well as, supporting the whole project and product design cycle from concept through to construction and installation technical support.
The role requires; a good understanding of engineering and design practice's as relevant to the discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent 2D & 3D CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
Key Result Areas
* Primary deliverable are manufacturing and installation outputs deliverables for seating/foundations but may also include; 3D structural and compartment models, 2D General Arrangement and Layouts, Detailed Assembly drawings, Spatial and Interface management of systems with coordination of associated disciplines, BOMs
* Preparation/production of CAD 3D models and drawings in support of all Design Cycle phases (Concept, Basic, Functional, Detail and Production Designs in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
* Preparation/production of structural/Outfitting installation and fabrication drawings in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
* Liaise with profession engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
* Develop innovative design solutions.
* Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries
* Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
* Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
* Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill
* The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent qualification in Structural/Outfitting discipline subject.
* Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
* Utilise Autodesk (AutoCAD) and/or FORAN software in 2D/3D.
* Experience in Design for Manufacture within a build and/or conversion marketplace (or similar).
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.