Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Construction Manager for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. This post is initially for a 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
The ideal candidate shall have a proven track record of managing construction projects and can lead a multi-discipline team and coordinate with other functions to safely execute the site installation works with good awareness of Environment, Health and Safety Legislation.
To be responsible for delivering to the Project Manager the construction phase of a project or projects and associated documentation to meet safety, quality, programme and cost objectives, by implementing the project strategy and using the defined arrangements within the Project Delivery Process, Execution and Quality Plans.
* The safety of all staff within the construction site together with the Principal Construction Manager (PCM) and other Package Integration Managers (PIM).
* Visible commitment to safety improvement programmes and follows up accidents and injuries.
* Assist in the creation and maintain a culture of zero accidents or incidents relating to occupational and personal safety, security, health issues, and environmental matters.
* Communicating to employees and contractors of the importance of meeting customer requirements including references to statutory and internal regulatory procedures.
* Assist PCM in Construction Design Management (CDM) compliance.
* Review, comment and respond to contractor programmes.
* Coordinate the integration of contractor programmes.
* Review request for information (RFI) responses prior to response to contractor to determine cost and schedule impacts.
* Implement project internal change management processes.
* Assist in raising any instructions to contractor.
* Review contractor quotations for any changes to scope.
* Provision of accurate forecast to Senior Construction Manager (PCM).
* Review and actively engage in short term planning activities e.g. Plan of the Week and constraints.
* All - maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
* Provide management and governance to maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality across all areas of engineering with specific specialist knowledge within Construction and the nuclear environment.
* Responsible for the professional development, performance and ethical standards of the staff within their responsibility and reporting chain.
* Ensure the standards, procedures and work instructions underpinning construction are followed.
* Ensure construction teams are appropriately organised and that key personnel are demonstrably competent to undertake their roles.
* Ensure that commissioning activities follow the appropriate Project Delivery Map.
* Ensure construction records are maintained to support project handover.
* Responsible for task management to meet the professional standards, performance and integrity of the work and reporting information necessary to support the project and business objectives.
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
* OND/HND/vocational certification (level 6 or above)
* Must be able to articulate technical complexities and have very good communication skills.
* Able to chair meetings and direct the work to meet the programme.
* Able to engage within the project teams to influence project outcome across a number of interlinking projects. * Needs an excellent understanding of HSAWA, CDM, risk assessments, safety systems, safety cases and SSoW.
* People and process management skills.
* The Project Management of Construction and practical construction site experience is essential.
* People management skills and process experience. *
* Satisfactory experience of construction management for the scope of the role or the companies Capability needs.
Willing and able to obtain and maintain a high level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.