Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Construction Manager for our client a Multi-National M & E Install company, the work will be based at a private nuclear MoD establishment near Reading. This post is initially for a 6 month contract but the project is due to run for 2-3 years and is paying competitively on an hourly basis up to £42.50 per hour LTD.
* The Construction Manager is responsible for delivering to the Project Manager the construction and commissioning phases of a project or projects and associated documentation to meet safety, quality, programme and cost objectives, by implementing the project strategy and using the defined arrangements within the Project Delivery Process, Execution and Quality Plans
* To provide leadership and coordination of Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services construction management staff allocated to a project and manage the performance of the team
* To ensure as far as is practical delivery of agreed Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services construction performance targets for the project or projects
* To ensure that all Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services construction activities on the project comply with all legal requirements and ensure that Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services construction management resources utilised are fit for purpose and are managed in a cost effective manner
* To organise and manage project Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services construction management resources to deliver the project and provide technical advice as required during the Development and Construction Phases
* To ensure that Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services risk assessments and safe systems of work submitted by contractors meet the requirements of internal Management Systems
* To undertake accurate reporting of all Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services activities and issues which affect the progress, quality and which provide a reflection of the contractor's performance against the agreed contract programme
* To manage and co-ordinate the integration of the contractor design, manufacture and implementation packages of work as required by individual Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services projects
* To ensure that Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services contractors and their operatives comply with the approved design documentation and agreed Safe System of Work, together with Environmental, Health and Safety regulations
* To aid the early identification and notification of contract variances for process through the project management team and that they are fully and properly recorded
* To ensure that Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services works are carried out only when prevailing conditions are suitable and that site conditions are appropriate and will not affect the works being implemented, or that the conditions could endanger any individual
* To ensure that where applicable, Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services contractor's operatives are qualified and licensed to properly fulfil their work activity and that all plant and equipment is tested, maintained and certified as specified, and that all Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services installed services and equipment can be reasonably and safely maintained, once the works are complete
* To identify and communicate 'lessons learned' and continuous improvement activities
* Prepare and actively participate in the project hand over process and ensure that all appropriate Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services documental evidence is provided to the Project Manager against the Construction Handover Check sheet
* Interpret M&E drawings and co-ordinate design specifications, and then produce works information and tender documentation.
* For ensuring delivery of agreed Mechanical, Electrical & Building Services construction performance targets for the defined Project or Projects
* To manage all onsite interfaces and de-conflict tasks and alleviate risks
* Appropriate recognition by a Construction Institution or governing body
* BTEC / ONC / HND or equivalent standard in a Construction related discipline
* CITB Managing Safety in Construction Certificate
* IOSH Managing Safely (Construction)
* NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Safety and Health
* Contractor experience of delivering projects in a CM role as Principle Contractor
* M&E background
* SMSTS, First Aid, NVQ7 Black Card desirable
* NEC3 contract experience desirable
Willing and able to obtain and maintain a high level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.