Sitec has a requirement for a Configuration Manager for our client based in Portsmouth. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and the max rate of pay will be up to £32.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Reporting to the Head of Telecoms Document and Data Management, the main deliverables are:
* Inputs: Customer and Company Configuration Management requirements & standards. Project configuration management relevant data & documentation (i.e. requirements, design, manufacturing documentation, change requests, deviations)
* Mission: Implement configuration management along the entire product/ project lifecycle to ensure the availability of all configuration management data and ensure the product / project configuration consistency.
* Outputs: Consolidated and consistent product / project data along the product / project lifecycle through configuration management status accounting and all other Configuration management data
* Manage all project data under configuration control
* Ensure all data supplied complies with Company Configuration Managements systems and contractual requirements
* Provide support to project teams with regard to configuration queries and tools
* Maintain project produce trees and assembly trees.
* Maintain all CI's for the life cycle of the products
* Produce and maintain CADM CI Listing matrix
* Management of the Payload, Repeater and Equipment level documentation.
* Internal Data pack creation and release
* Register external Data packs and test data
* Run CIDL As Designed, As Built at each milestone or as required
* Document change control
* Build and issue project EIDP(s)
* Process improvement
* Accountable to the Head of Telecoms Document and Data management for the overall configuration of product and documentation.
* Accountable to the Project Managers for effective and efficient delivery of documentation for project milestones.
* Excellent IT skills, with experience of tools such as Windchill or databases
* Ability to meet deadlines under stressful environment
* Ability to manage high number of data and several projects at the same time
* Ability to face challenging deadlines and demanding customers
* Good organisation skills are mandatory
Knowledge/ other information
* Experience in configuration management is mandatory
* Experience in document change control is mandatory
* Previous experience of process improvement, new process introduction required
Please note, due to the nature of the work, the successful candidate will need to be SC Cleared before starting.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.