Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Document Controller to support Configuration Management for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an estimated 6 month contract and paying competitively on a Ltd, Umbrella or PAYE basis for a 40 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- Relevant Document Control and KSE experience
Purpose of the Job
Support to the project Lead Configuration Specialist in the location, identification, and mapping of Nuclear Facility Safety Case Baseline documents and their relationships.
- Working with the project Lead Configuration Specialist, the successful applicant will be accountable for identifying and documenting relationships between documents which are referred to in the Facility Safety Justification and demonstrating these using widely available software.
- Interrogation of document management systems to locate any missing documentation may be required, as well as identifying and updating any missing or incorrect metadata.
The successful applicant will be responsible for engaging regularly with the facility Safety Case Manager, Principal Asset Engineer (PAE), Asset Operations Manager (AOM) and project Lead Configuration Specialist to monitor the accuracy of their work. Successful applicant will also be required to discuss outputs with the Authority To Operate (ATO) Holder.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Attention to detail is essential, as is an ability to understand the relationships between documents.
- Strong IT literacy and ability to use MS Office suite of programs.
- Motivated, driven and able to work under own initiative and to a challenging schedule.
- Pulling documents together to hold them in the same place.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Strong character with the ability to influence stakeholders who may not be able to understand the benefits that the Nuclear Risk Management Project outputs will bring to the business/individual facilities.
- understanding of Configuration management is desirable.
- Document Control in SharePoint
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.