Sitec have an exciting opportunity for a Composite Infusion Capability Engineer to work for our client based in Bristol on an esitamted 6 months contract initially.
- To lead and develop a team of engineers in Digital Manufacturing sub-capability area
- To provide technical input and/or act as technical lead for programmes/projects.
Ability to take actions within the following:
- Work with customer to understand their requirements: distil from conversations or a 'statement of requirements' the activities required
- Plan the activities in a logical way showing an understanding of quality/cost/time
- Determine who the stakeholders are / need to be and communicate in a manner that meets their expectations
Responsible to the technical area for:
- Developing a forming and/or infusion strategy for a complex part
- Practically deliver, either alone and/or with others, the infusion to the standards required
- Document processes & report on the above
- Review work & ensure quality output within the time & cost bounds
- Deliver the project output in collaboration with the project manager and customer
Experience in the following:
- Thermoset and Thermoplastic processes
- Foaming and micro-composites moulding
- Infusion capability/strategy
- Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM) and Resin Infusion (RI); dry fibre
- Knowledge and experience of working with a variety of composite manufacturing skills including hand lay-up, pre-pregging, double-diaphragm hot forming, in- and out- of autoclave curing and composite machining
Please note that the client has determined that the 'off-payroll working' rules will apply to this assignment and we can only consider candidates on a PAYE or Umbrella basis.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.